Tuesday, July 15, 2008

H20 Mop


Let me start out by saying this is not an advertisement - well sort of - but the company selling this product is not paying me. (hmm, but maybe they should be.) Since I am a mother, I am constantly looking for ways to improve the air quality and overall environment for my child in my home. My husband is equally concerned.

So, for Mother's Day 2008, he bought me the H2O mop. I was skeptical, then I used it. I fell in love. Never in my life did I ever see myself sitting around with a bunch of other mothers showing off my new household item. I'm just not that person. But, right out a scene from the 1950's, I proudly brought that mop out of my laundry room to show it off to my mom-friends during our weekly storytime gathering.

I talked about all the benefits and features as I was trained to do as a long time sales person. And for free. I guess the benefit for me was just as I am doing now. Showing you something that is great for the environment and for our children.

The mop uses water - no chemicals. No sticky chemical residue left behind - have you ever noticed that after mopping? Basically, hot hot hot steam comes out and kills everything that may have been living on your floor. It is very light and easy to maneuver. There are no throw away refill products to buy. I simply throw the cloth that glides along the floor in the washing machine with my dog towels or rugs.

It is fairly inexpensive considering you never have to buy refills again or chemical cleaning supplies again. The cost is around $100 and well worth it. Check it out.

http://www.thane.com/products/housewares/h2omop/h2omop.php

5 comments:

Kristen said...

This is a rad idea. Had I bought it even 6 months ago, I'd already be seeing a savings and the garbage dump would have a lot less swifter pads in it. It seems like it works well in corners...how does it do along the mop board?? That's always the tough spot!

Jeanne R said...

It is a miracle invention along the floorboards. You must buy it. It grabs all the dog and human hair and rolls it up into a little ball! Ah, the things that excite me these days...

Jen said...

I would love to get one of these. It's funny because I was just reading that steam cleaning is a better way to clean than using chemical cleaners. It gets floors and such cleaner and gets rid of germs better. Thanks for the info!

Jeanne R said...

Kristen told me yesterday that I should collect royalties for promoting this product. I am a fanatic about it. It is so worth the money. Plus as Kristen said in her comment, you pay it off in 6 months by not buying the swiffer refill products.

Jeanne R said...

sorry I meant swifter not swiffer!